SAINT PAUL, Minn. (CNN) — A Muslim-American advocacy group is calling for firings after the word “ISIS” was written on a Muslim customer’s cup in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
The incident happened at a Starbucks location inside a Target store last week.
The council of American-Islamic relations now says the worker who wrote that should be fired, along with a manager.
A Starbucks spokesperson said the worker in question is a target employee. Target says it believes the incident was the result of what it called an “unfortunate mistake.”
Target also says it’s now taking appropriate action with that employee, including additional training.
- Coastal showers, warm afternoon ahead
- USA Move-in week begins Saturday with appointments, health screenings
- Steamy temperatures for the weekend, Rain chances slowly rising
- Falwell, Jr. to take indefinite leave of absence, effective immediately, at request of L.U.’s Board of Trustees
- Florida hospital loses body of newborn baby, lawsuit says