(CNN) — Holly and Chris Persic, of Pittsburgh, say squirrels stuffed more than 200 walnuts and tons of grass under the hood of Holly’s car.
If you think the engine looks more like a nest, that might very well have been what they squirrels were going for. It appears they may have been stocking up for winter.
Holly discovered the stockpile Monday while driving. She smelled something she thought was burning gas, but when she popped the hood, this is what she saw.
There was no damage to the car, beyond it needing a cleanup., which took quite a long time.
- US deaths from coronavirus surpass 100,000 milestone
- Kansas soldier uses vehicle to stop active shooter, likely saving ‘countless lives’
- Nationwide approach being used to help coronavirus patients in Mobile
- Florida lawmakers celebrate space launch return to the state
- Pandemic exposes ‘our health system does not serve all’