TRENTON, Mich. (WATE) — A human skull was found at the Michigan home of a man shot and killed in East Tennessee last week, authorities say.
The remains were discovered Monday in Trenton, Michigan, by the new owners of the previous home of Mark Eberly.
The new homeowners saw the skull in the home’s fire pit and immediately contacted police.
According to WJBK, police said Eberly moved from the Trenton residence sometime in the past few months during the COVID-19 pandemic. Neighbors told WJBK that Eberly had nightly fires in the pit before moving away.
Investigators say the remains of only one person have been found.
- Woman charged with shooting at husband at Huntsville hotel
- Black Friday looks different in Mobile this year
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison
- Justin Timberlake donates new wheelchair accessible van for Tennessee teen
- UPDATE: 19-year-old shot and killed at Bennett Pointe Apartments on Old Pascagoula Road