LOS ANGELES (AP) — The search to find “Glee” TV show star Naya Rivera in a Southern California lake ended Saturday without any results, authorities said.
The Ventura County Sheriff’s Office said in a tweet Saturday night that the search of Lake Piru will resume Sunday morning.
Authorities said Thursday they believe Rivera, 33, drowned in the lake. Her 4-year-old son was found alone in a rented boat.
The boy, who was found asleep and wearing a life vest late Wednesday afternoon, told investigators that he and his mother went swimming and he got back on the boat, but “his mom never made it out of the water,” Sheriff’s Sgt. Kevin Donoghue said.
Rivera began acting at a young age, but she rose to national attention playing a lesbian teen on “Glee,” which aired from 2009 until 2015 on Fox.
- Tracking the Tropics: Tropical Depression 11 to become Josephine, rest of tropics remain quiet
- Kroger issues cheese dip recall
- Lake View mayor to resign after pleading guilty to violating ethics law
- FBI investigates after Air Force helicopter shot in Virginia
- Prosecutors charge 3 with threatening women in R. Kelly case