NEW YORK (AP) – Dutch film actor Rutger Hauer, who specialized in menacing roles, including a memorable turn as a murderous android in “Blade Runner” opposite Harrison Ford, has died. He was 75.
Hauer’s agent, Steve Kenis, says the actor died July 19 at his home in the Netherlands.
Hauer’s roles included a terrorist in “Nighthawks” with Sylvester Stallone, a former CEO of Wayne Enterprises in “Batman Begins,” and he was in the big-budget 1985 fantasy “Ladyhawke.” He won a supporting-actor Golden Globe award in 1988 for “Escape from Sobibor.”
In “Blade Runner,” he played the murderous replicant Roy Batty on a desperate quest to prolong his artificially shortened life in post-apocalyptic, 21st-century Los Angeles.
- Crestview plans open town hall on U.S. Census
- Blue Wahoos cancel July 4 fireworks
- Florida coronavirus: State reports record 10,109 new cases
- Carnival booking cruises out of Mobile after service pause due to pandemic
- Blue Bell favorite Milk & Cookies flavor returns for National Ice Cream Month