MEMPHIS, Tenn. — A Memphis man was arrested after police say a woman he tried to rape fought back, stabbing him in the head with a box cutter.
The woman told police she was walking along Corning Avenue in Frayser on Monday when a man grabbed her from behind, knocking them both to the ground.
The suspect pulled her pants down to her ankles before he began biting her face and choking her.
That’s when the victim said she pulled out her box cutter and stabbed the man several times in the face before he let her go. She then chased him through several backyards before he got away.
While police were taking the woman’s report, a call came in for an ambulance. A man -who officers identified as Robert Williams – said he had been stabbed several times in the face and was bleeding from his head.
The victim identified Williams as her attacker. Williams denied attacking the woman.
He was charged with attempted aggravated rape.
- Baldwin County church service back on-line
- SEC Continuing to Mull Options as Conference-Only Schedule May be End Result
- Second stimulus check: As White House signals support, payments become campaign issue
- VIDEO: Limb pierces man’s windshield while driving during storm in Daphne
- Body found at Lake Piru, where officials believe actress Naya Rivera drowned