INDEPENDENCE, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky woman who was pouring gas into a child’s motorcycle while smoking a cigarette set herself on fire and was seriously burned.
The woman was flown from Independence to a hospital in Cincinnati, Ohio, on Monday for treatment, WLWT-TV reported. She was using a gas can to fill the tank inside the garage of the Kentucky home, Independence Police Captain Russ Wood said.
Investigators believe the vapors from the gasoline inside the closed garage sparked the fire. It appears to be an accident, Wood said.
The woman hasn’t been identified.
Police warned the public to be cautious when using gasoline.
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Father and son respond to driver having medical emergency behind the wheel
- 7,500 expected to attend Trump Mt. Rushmore event
- Firm to offer balloon rides from Alaska to the edge of space
- Couple gets COVID-19, mother gives birth before dying of virus
- Texas woman spits on counter after being told to wear a mask