SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) – Authorities in central New York say nine people were shot at a nighttime “celebration.” Syracuse police say a 17-year-old boy is in critical condition with a gunshot wound to the head and eight others were expected to survive. No was immediately taken into custody and the investigation was in its early stages. The shooting took place at a celebration centralized in a parking lot near downtown Syracuse, but the police chief said shots could have been fired at multiple locations in the area. The nature of the celebration wasn’t immediately known. Syracuse’s mayor says the event likely didn’t have a permit.
(Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.)
- St. Paul’s preparing for Pleasant Grove in 5A State Championship Game
- Dr. Scott Atlas resigns as coronavirus adviser to President Trump
- President Trump says he opposes renaming some Army bases as part of defense bill
- Meet Charlotte, a Banded Huntsman Spider who found a home
- SpaceX Starship prototype ready to make highest hop as environmental review underway