CLEVELAND (AP) — Cleveland police say a sleeping 6-year-old girl who was injured when shots were fired into her home has died.
Cleveland police spokeswoman Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia said the girl who was shot around 1 a.m. Saturday on the east side of Cleveland died at a hospital later Saturday. The girl’s name wasn’t immediately released.
The police statement said officers were told that a car was seen driving away from the scene, but no one could provide a detailed description of the vehicle.
Police have not said if any arrests have been made or commented on any other circumstances of the shooting in the South-Collinwood neighborhood.
- Home destroyed in Wednesday morning house fire near Mount Vernon
- Body found in Plateau Community in Mobile
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- 18-wheeler crash on I-65 in Saraland diverts traffic
- Record number of foster care adoptions in Alabama for 2020