(CNN) – The oldest living person in the US has died.
Alelia Murphy passed away on Saturday at the age of 114.
The former seamstress had been recognized as the oldest living American. Murphy was a North Carolina native but lived in New York City’s Harlem neighborhood since 1926.
Her family said she credited her longevity to God and “being a good person.”
The Gerontology Research Group says Murphy was 114 years, 140 days old when she died.
- Cox crews making progress reconnecting Gulf Coast, services continue to be restored
- Rep. Bradley Byrne announces President’s approval of Disaster Declaration
- Baldwin EMC new dad visited by family while restoring power
- Spanish Fort Police feeding hundreds despite rain
- Cajun Boudin Connections giving out hot lunches Sunday