EAST CLEVELAND, Ohio (AP) — Authorities say a police pursuit that began in Cleveland ended with a 15-year-old carjacking suspect striking and killing a teenage pedestrian in a neighboring city.
Cleveland police say the 15-year-old boy took the car at gunpoint Friday afternoon from a man in a Target store parking lot. He was initially followed by an off-duty police officer who witnessed the robbery.
A Cleveland police supervisor then took up the chase that ended with a 13-year-old girl’s death in East Cleveland.
A number of cars and a police cruiser were damaged. Police confiscated a gun from the 15-year-old during his arrest.
- Authorities recover body of woman swept away by Oregon landslide
- Louisiana teen recounts attempt on his life during Grindr date
- Mississippi prisons taking tobacco orders ahead of legal smoking
- California corrections officer killed in motorcycle crash
- MCSO: Person injured after shooting off Dawes Road