(AP) — A North Dakota woman has been charged with felony child neglect after she was accused of leaving six children with the body of an acquaintance who overdosed.
Amber Barrett also is charged with a misdemeanor count of failing to report a death.
Documents filed in Cass County District Court say police were called on Nov. 16 to a home on a report of an unresponsive man.
Officers were let into the home by six minor children who directed them to the man lying on the living room floor. Efforts to revive him were unsuccessful.
Authorities say Barrett knew the man had died but she left for work anyway.
- Now that he’s out of office, what’s next for Donald Trump?
- “Amazing little town.” Film shot in Fairhope debuts Friday, city gets Hollywood shout-on on national TV
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book
- Eugene Goodman: Kamala Harris escorted by hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob
- Healthcare Workers Discuss Their Experiences With Moderna Vaccine