(WKRG) — Navy Federal will close early at 3 p.m. on Friday in observance of Juneteenth.
As some states and even businesses consider making Juneteenth a holiday, Navy Federal has made the decision to do an observance given the heightened awareness of racial injustice.
“Navy Federal branches and operation centers will be closing early on Friday in observance of Juneteenth,” said Mary McDuffie, president and CEO of Navy Federal Credit Union. “Juneteenth recognizes the end of slavery in our country. We at Navy Federal are encouraging our employees to take time to reflect, learn and recognize our history and the need to work together to build a better, more promising tomorrow.”
Its contact center will remain open 24/7 and members will still be able to digitally bank with the financial institution either online or via the mobile app.
- China mandates 3-day Olympic torch relay amid virus concerns
- Epic trailer teases Super Bowl LVI halftime show
- Meat Loaf, ‘Bat Out of Hell’ rock superstar, dies at 74
- Wintry mix moving through our area this morning, Winter Weather Advisory expanded
- Wine isn’t good for your heart, World Heart Federation says