ST. LOUIS COUNTY, Mo. (WJW) — A Missouri woman who claimed she gave birth to stillborn twins has been charged with killing her children.
The St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney’s office told KY3 that the 25-year-old mother gave birth to twins, a boy and girl, and then covered their mouths and noses with a towel. She reported their birth on Wednesday.
Officials say both babies were carried to full term and neither was stillborn.
The mother has been charged with two counts of second-degree murder and child abuse.
She is currently being held in lieu of $500,000 bond.
- President Biden signs executive order, with bipartisan support, to bolster US supply chains
- Authorities search for suspects near Elberta following police chase
- High school basketball player praised for act of kindness toward opponent
- $15 minimum wage: Where the debate and alternatives stand
- Amtrak restoring passenger rail service from Mobile to New Orleans in 2022