ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — A missing 3-year-old boy was found by an officer in a pond a block away from his home and was pronounced dead in the hospital shortly after.
The St. Petersburg Police Department responded to a home at Lakewood Estates around 11:40 a.m. Sunday for the missing boy.
An officer found him in a pond on Alcazar Way South, about a block and a half away from his home.
The child was transported to the hospital but was later pronounced dead.
- Teacher had to lock sub out of Florida classroom after he attacked students, police say
- EXCLUSIVE: Greyhound CEO tells head of DHS migrant passengers must have proof they are COVID-free
- Teen saves friend’s life one day after earning CPR certification
- Video appears to show tsunami waves arriving in New Zealand
- Pensacola man who shot intruder inside his home tells his story