MARYSVILLE, Calif. (KRON) – Shaun Weiss, who starred in the 90’s hockey film “The Mighty Ducks,” was arrested on Tuesday after he allegedly broke into a house while high on methamphetamine.
According to police, 41-year-old Weiss of Van Nuys broke into a garage in the 600 block of 11th Street before smashing through the windshield of a car inside the garage.
Responding officers said Weiss was inside the car when they got to the scene, and he was displaying signs of being high on meth.
They ordered him to get out and he was taken into custody.
Weiss played Greg Goldberg in the 1992 film.
In 2018 Weiss was arrested for public intoxication in Oroville. Mugshots of him from that arrest went viral after shocked fans noted his gaunt appearance.
Weiss was charged with petty theft in July 2017 and was released after 12 days in prison, but he was arrested soon after that for possession of methamphetamine.
He spent three months in prison for that charge.
After his 2018 arrest, Weiss wrote on social media that he had checked in to a long-term rehabilitation center, saying he had hit “BELOW rock bottom” and that his life was in “imminent danger.”
He vowed his recovery, saying he was “determined to return to my old self.”
Marysville is located in Yuba County, about 41 miles north of Sacramento.
- FHP: Man dies after being struck by pick-up truck on Pine Forest Road
- Second woman accuses Governor Cuomo of sexual harassment
- President Joe Biden releases statement on authorization of COVID-19 vaccine
- Motorcyclist leads California Highway Patrol on chase reaching speeds of 120 mph
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine