TWENTYNINE PALMS, Calif. (AP) – The U.S. Marine Corps says it is investigating reports of an active shooter at the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center in Twentynine Palms, California. The Corps says in a tweet that military police responded to reports of gunshots at approximately 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and cordoned off the area. The Marine Corps says it cannot confirm whether a suspect is in custody. A spokeswoman says t he San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department was not requested to assist with the incident. The vast Twentynine Palms base is located in the desert 125 miles east of Los Angeles.
- Coastal showers, warm afternoon ahead
- USA Move-in week begins Saturday with appointments, health screenings
- Steamy temperatures for the weekend, Rain chances slowly rising
- Falwell, Jr. to take indefinite leave of absence, effective immediately, at request of L.U.’s Board of Trustees
- Florida hospital loses body of newborn baby, lawsuit says