TWENTYNINE PALMS, Calif. (AP) – The U.S. Marine Corps says it is investigating reports of an active shooter at the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center in Twentynine Palms, California. The Corps says in a tweet that military police responded to reports of gunshots at approximately 6:30 a.m. Tuesday and cordoned off the area. The Marine Corps says it cannot confirm whether a suspect is in custody. A spokeswoman says t he San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department was not requested to assist with the incident. The vast Twentynine Palms base is located in the desert 125 miles east of Los Angeles.
- Woman charged with shooting at husband at Huntsville hotel
- Black Friday looks different in Mobile this year
- Venezuela judge convicts 6 American oil execs, orders prison
- Justin Timberlake donates new wheelchair accessible van for Tennessee teen
- UPDATE: 19-year-old shot and killed at Bennett Pointe Apartments on Old Pascagoula Road