MIAMI COUNTY, Kan. (KSNT) – A mailman jumped into action on Sunday morning when a fire started in the engine of his delivery truck.
The Osawatomie Fire Department said around 11 A.M. the engine of a mail truck caught fire on West 399th Street and Plum Creek Road just south of Osawatomie.
The mailman was able to safely escape the truck, and he got all of the packages out too. His quick thinking may have just saved Christmas for some Kansas families.
- FHP: Motorcyclist dead after impaired 24-year-old pulls out in front of him
- ONLY ON NEWS 5: Hear from the family of teen killed on Thanksgiving
- Cold Case Mystery: Mobile mother missing for 20 years
- Georgia family uses Christmas lights as a way to give back
- Police: Texas biker was doing wheelies before deadly crash