YORK COUNTY, Maine (WJW) — A police dog helped reunite a missing child with her parents on Monday.
According to a post on the Maine State Police Facebook page, K-9 Dutch and Trooper Zachary Fancy were requested by the York County Sheriff’s Office to track a kindergartener who had run off into the woods during recess.
State police said K-9 Dutch began the track from the child’s jacket. He continued deeper into the woods and thick brush.
The post said that after Dutch tracked for over half a mile, he began showing signs the child wasn’t far away.
K-9 Dutch continued tracking and found the child sitting on a rock with no shoes, crying.
Troopers brought the child out of the woods and she was reunited with her parents.
- New trailer for ‘The Mandalorian’ Season 2 released
- PHOTOS: Flying squirrel trafficking ring busted by Florida wildlife officials
- Stream and scream! Here are the horror movies you can watch right now
- BIKER DAD: Rep. Matt Gaetz’s communication director injured in motorcycle crash
- Second stimulus checks: Major hurdles remain as election aid deadline nears