NEWTOWN, Conn. (WTNH) — Monday marks eight years since 20 children and six adults were killed in the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.
Governor Ned Lamont is directing all flags to fly at half-staff from sunrise to sunset on Monday in remembrance of the victims.
The Newtown Action Alliance virtually held its eighth annual National Vigi,l paying tribute to the victims of gun violence.
The nonprofit organization was created in the wake of the tragedy in Newtown. Its mission is to push for common-sense gun safety legislation.
- NY Democratic leadership calls for Cuomo’s resignation
- Missouri pastor on leave after sexist sermon saying wives should lose weight to look like Melania Trump
- Grammy performers revealed: Taylor Swift, Cardi B, Billie Eilish
- UPDATE: No injuries reported after two train cars derail on Hamilton Blvd. near Highway 90
- BIKER DAD: Family asks for prayers for biker hit by car in Mount Vernon