INDIANAPOLIS (WXIN) — The Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department is investigating three separate deadly downtown shootings that occurred over the weekend.
One of the victims was 38-year-old Christopher Beaty.
Police said he suffered multiple gunshot wounds just before midnight Sunday and died at the scene.
Beaty was a defensive lineman on the Indiana University football team from 2000 to 2004. He ran a company called Fresh Marketing, a “lifestyle” marketing firm.
Police were working to determine what led to the shooting. No arrests have been made.
In two other shootings, 18-year-old Dorian Murrell and 30-year-old William Scott III died Sunday morning from gunshot wounds, authorities said.
- Mobile man says American Cancer Society helping fund his cancer treatment
- Hurricane Sally: Where to get food along the Alabama Gulf Coast
- 10 Porsche drivers busted for speeding in Colorado
- VIDEO: Confirmed tornado touches down in Myrtle Beach
- What’s the future of Prichard Stadium?