LAUDERHILL, Fla. (AP) — A Florida homeowner killed a masked intruder during a gunfight inside his home, police said.
Lauderhill police spokesman Lt. Michael Santiago told reporters that the gunfight broke out at 12:45 a.m. Saturday. He said the intruder broke into the home and he and the resident exchanged fire.
The homeowner then fled the home. When police arrived, they found the intruder dead inside.
Santiago said the investigation is ongoing. Lauderhill is a suburb of Fort Lauderdale. Further details were not available.
- BIKER DAD: First biker turns himself in for Florida road rage attack caught on camera
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won
- QB Guru Tom House explains Brees’ longevity in NFL
- BIKER DAD: Florida man accused of drunk motorcycle crash into cop car
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website