(CNN) — An adorable puppy that found itself in a jam not only got help but it also got itself a new nickname!
California firefighters had to rescue a puppy that got its head stuck in a spare tire. Riverside County officials responded to the call to find the 3-month-old dog stuck. They tried to use oil to lubricate its neck, but ultimately had to sedate the animal.
Firefighters were able to cut the wheel enough to safely remove the dog.
Animal service officials said the dog was resting and planned to reunite it with its owners.
They shared pics of the rescue on social media and even gave the pup a nickname: #wheeliepup.
- BIKER DAD: First biker turns himself in for Florida road rage attack caught on camera
- Widow of La. congressman-elect qualifies to run for the seat her husband won
- QB Guru Tom House explains Brees’ longevity in NFL
- BIKER DAD: Florida man accused of drunk motorcycle crash into cop car
- Now you can put Bernie Sanders anywhere, thanks to NYU student’s website