(CNN) — An adorable puppy that found itself in a jam not only got help but it also got itself a new nickname!
California firefighters had to rescue a puppy that got its head stuck in a spare tire. Riverside County officials responded to the call to find the 3-month-old dog stuck. They tried to use oil to lubricate its neck, but ultimately had to sedate the animal.
Firefighters were able to cut the wheel enough to safely remove the dog.
Animal service officials said the dog was resting and planned to reunite it with its owners.
They shared pics of the rescue on social media and even gave the pup a nickname: #wheeliepup.
- With new California border crossing in the works, connecting highway also takes shape
- ‘Absurd’: $1B earmarked for PPE spent on body armor, jet parts
- Tree guys are staying busy days after Sally
- Woman crushed to death by heavy machinery on California beach
- Investigation reveals how Trump campaign used Facebook to deter voters in 2016 campaign