(CNN) — An adorable puppy that found itself in a jam not only got help but it also got itself a new nickname!
California firefighters had to rescue a puppy that got its head stuck in a spare tire. Riverside County officials responded to the call to find the 3-month-old dog stuck. They tried to use oil to lubricate its neck, but ultimately had to sedate the animal.
Firefighters were able to cut the wheel enough to safely remove the dog.
Animal service officials said the dog was resting and planned to reunite it with its owners.
They shared pics of the rescue on social media and even gave the pup a nickname: #wheeliepup.
- 5 Things To Do This Weekend: February 21-23
- Cat defies odds and survives arrow to the head
- Migrants on one-way flights out of McAllen help break airport’s travel record
- Connecting the past and present through music
- Kentucky teen dies in apparent animal attack