COHUTTA, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a motorist survived after several large logs from a logging truck pierced the car’s windshield and rammed all the way through the rear hatch.
The Whitfield County Fire Department says firefighters pulled the driver from the car Friday in the Cohutta area in northwest Georgia.
The fire department posted photos of the wreckage on its Facebook page.
WTVC-TV reports that the driver sustained only minor injuries.
Cohutta is about 100 miles (161 kilometers) northwest of Atlanta, near the Georgia-Tennessee line.
- Suspicious package found, passengers evacuate Daytona Beach International Airport
- Hidden Valley releasing ranch-filled Christmas stocking
- Florida pilot earns Guinness record for cross-country helicopter flight
- Hospital psychiatric wards now feel like prisons, some say
- Family starts GoFundMe account following shooting death at Mobile bar