COHUTTA, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a motorist survived after several large logs from a logging truck pierced the car’s windshield and rammed all the way through the rear hatch.
The Whitfield County Fire Department says firefighters pulled the driver from the car Friday in the Cohutta area in northwest Georgia.
The fire department posted photos of the wreckage on its Facebook page.
WTVC-TV reports that the driver sustained only minor injuries.
Cohutta is about 100 miles (161 kilometers) northwest of Atlanta, near the Georgia-Tennessee line.
- Newsfeed Now: A bat-wielding grandma; Oklahoma news crew becomes heroes
- Zipping into The Wharf for Destination Gulf Coast
- Protests shift to memorializing Floyd amid push for change
- KFOR Chopper 4 crew spots, rescues missing swimmer in an Oklahoma river
- Unemployment falls to 13.3%