COHUTTA, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a motorist survived after several large logs from a logging truck pierced the car’s windshield and rammed all the way through the rear hatch.
The Whitfield County Fire Department says firefighters pulled the driver from the car Friday in the Cohutta area in northwest Georgia.
The fire department posted photos of the wreckage on its Facebook page.
WTVC-TV reports that the driver sustained only minor injuries.
Cohutta is about 100 miles (161 kilometers) northwest of Atlanta, near the Georgia-Tennessee line.
- Tropical Storm Cristobal will move north through the Gulf this weekend
- Spring Sport Shout Out: Belle Rea
- Gun sales up, more first-time buyers, many women
- Universal Orlando is back in business
- Watch as lightning strikes the Washington Monument