MILLVILLE, N.J. (KYW) — A rescue dog is making history in New Jersey. Meet Hansel.
He was rescued from a dogfighting ring when he was just seven weeks old. Now he’s the first pit bull in the Garden State to become a K9 arson detective.
Hansel is finishing 15 weeks of training, but in just about a week, he will start working with the Millville Fire Department. He will perform critical tasks in the aftermath of fires.
Hansel’s first day on the job is Jan. 19.
- Man released early from prison accused of killing 3, including cutting neighbor’s heart out
- Alabama mayor stops woman from being forced into car
- Buying a car? Pandemic drives prices up, steers buyers away
- Fry’s Electronics permanently closing all stores nationwide
- Missouri day care under investigation after toddler found outside in the cold