DALLAS (AP) — Police in Texas are seeking a motive in the slaying of a witness who testified in the murder trial of a white Dallas police officer who fatally shot her black neighbor.
An attorney for 28-year-old Joshua Brown says he was shot to death Friday night. Lee Merritt says he spoke with Brown’s mother and she’s “devastated.” He says in a statement: “We need answers.”
Dallas police confirmed a fatal shooting Friday night, but have not said who was killed. The Dallas Morning News first reported that the person was Brown.
Brown lived in the same apartment complex as former Officer Amber Guyger. She was convicted of murder this past week in the death of neighbor Botham Jean. Guyger has said she mistook Jean’s apartment for her own and that she thought he was a burglar.
- Stimulus checks: Millions sign online petitions calling for monthly payments until pandemic ends
- Video: NYPD officer grabs 4-year-old shooting victim, runs her to safety
- Iowa becomes latest state to cancel $300 federal unemployment benefit, cites labor shortage
- IRS has $1.3 billion in unclaimed tax refunds, and there’s 1 week left to claim them
- Can schools require COVID-19 vaccines for students now that Pfizer’s shot is authorized for kids 12 and up?