Dad didn’t call 911 after son overdosed on meth, officials say

National
Curtis Collman II_1533336310311.jpg.jpg

SEYMOUR, Ind. (WISH) – An Indiana boy had 18,000 nanograms of methamphetamine in his bloodstream when he died in June.

That’s 180 times a lethal dose.

News 8’s partner paper The Seymour Tribune reports that 8-year-old Curtis Collman III died at Schneck Medical Center in Seymour on June 21.

The paper reports that the boy had been in the care of his father, Curtis Collman II.

He now faces multiple charges, including neglect of a dependent causing death, pointing a firearm, intimidation, possession of methamphetamine, failure to register as a sex offender and theft.

Court documents state that Collman never sought medical treatment for his son and prevented others from calling 911, according to the Seymour Tribune.

He’s due in court on Dec. 4.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Videos

More Video

More Local News

3-Day Forecast

Trending Stories