CHICAGO, IL. (WKRG) — Maku, a 34-year-old Eastern Black Rhino, dies at the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago.
The staff reported Friday “the difficult, but responsible decision” to euthanize Maku after experiencing age related health issues. These health issues lead to poor mobility and discomfort for Maku.
Maku helped sustain the Eastern Black Rhino endangered population by fathering six offspring, a granddaughter, and great-grandson.
The Lincoln Park Zoo is saddened by this loss.
- Kamara believes contract negotiations ‘will happen when it happens’
- Mobile County Health Department releases new COVID-19 data
- A Turtle’s Journey: Loggerhead nest hatches on Pensacola Beach
- Water pumping for border wall threatens aquatic species, environmentalists say
- Mobile Police answer why officers have been seen without masks