MICHOACAN, Mexico (CNN) — A 12-year-old boy said goodbye to his furry best friend in an attempt to save his puppy’s life.
He left the dog at a shelter to shield it from the boy’s abusive father, who allegedly kicked the puppy so hard he injured it.
They boy dropped the Pitbull puppy off at a Mexican shelter with a toy as well as a note about the abuse. In that note, he says he left the toy so the pup wouldn’t forget him.
According to that shelter, hundreds of adoption requests quickly poured in after the facility posted this story on its Facebook page.
The dog is still getting medical treatment, but is expected to be OK.
- Escambia County School District to share plans for reopening amid coronavirus pandemic
- Mobile Fire-Rescue responds to overnight fire at an apartment complex
- Chief Justice John Roberts was hospitalized overnight in June after a fall
- Fauci: Alabama has window to get COVID-19 under control
- Fewer Thunderstorms and Higher Heat