NEW YORK (AP) — Police say a 6-year-old child has been hospitalized after being attacked by a stranger on a street in Queens.
It happened in the Kew Gardens neighborhood just before 5 p.m. Thursday.
Police say the child was with his parents when the 35-year-old man picked him up without provocation and threw him to the ground.
The child was hospitalized with a head injury but police say it is not life-threatening.
The man was taken into custody.
- A freezing start and a cool day as a gradual warming trend begins
- BREAKING: Three people found dead in Munford house
- Krewe de la Dauphine preps for first Mardi Gras parade of 2020
- Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg launches new ad, calls for Trump’s impeachment
- Catholic Charities getting ready for 89th annual appeal