“This is a substantial amount of narcotics that will not make it into our communities,” said Port Director Carlos Rodriguez of the Hidalgo/Pharr/Anzalduas Port of Entry.
The packages containing 3,159 pounds of marijuana is valued at $632,000.
Authorities seized the shipment, the tractor-trailer, and the marijuana.
Homeland Security is continuing the investigation.
- ALEA issues alert for missing children last seen in Alabama
- Tropical Depression 28 strengthens into Tropical Storm Zeta
- “Everything was on fire,” witnesses describe moments after Foley plane crash
- Kids enjoy COVID-safe Halloween at Bellingrath Home and Gardens
- Charity event raises funds for project to help the homeless