CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) – Boeing’s new Starliner capsule is rocketing toward the International Space Station on its first test flight. Friday’s liftoff from Cape Canaveral, Florida, marks the start of a crucial dress rehearsal for next year’s inaugural launch with astronauts. The Starliner carries Christmas treats and presents for the six station residents and a mannequin named Rosie in the commander’s seat. The test dummy, named after the World War II riveter, is wearing a red polka dot bandanna just like the original Rosie and Boeing’s custom blue spacesuit. The Starliner should reach the space station Saturday morning.
- COVID 19 Delayed Justice: Baldwin County adds thermal scanners to courts
- Baldwin County officials to reduce sporting events capacity to 50%, plus more
- Baldwin County announces fall sports plans
- Officers ask for help in finding two missing Alabama boys, Emergency Missing Child Alert issued
- More than 4,000 Walmart stores will expand hours to 10 p.m.