(CNN) – If you have any Blue Bell ice cream in your freezer, be sure to check the production date before you eat it.
Blue Bell is recalling its “Butter Crunch” ice cream, which was made in a plant in Sylacauga, Alabama on Aug. 26.
The FDA’s website says broken off pieces of plastic may have ended up in the product.
As a result, the company is voluntarily recalling all the ice cream made there that day.
The recall involves half-gallon packages with the production code 08-26-21-222. The affected product was distributed in parts of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.
- Workers worldwide hold ‘Make Amazon Pay’ protests on Black Friday
- Truck stranded in Mobile Bay off causeway
- 10-year-old boy completes 50-yard challenge mowing lawns for free in his community
- Shoppers in Mobile line up for Black Friday deals despite COVID-19 changes
- Newsfeed Now: Black Friday deals and more