(CNN) – If you have any Blue Bell ice cream in your freezer, be sure to check the production date before you eat it.
Blue Bell is recalling its “Butter Crunch” ice cream, which was made in a plant in Sylacauga, Alabama on Aug. 26.
The FDA’s website says broken off pieces of plastic may have ended up in the product.
As a result, the company is voluntarily recalling all the ice cream made there that day.
The recall involves half-gallon packages with the production code 08-26-21-222. The affected product was distributed in parts of Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.
- Stimulus check update: Why we’re no closer to a second $1,200 payment
- Kodak announces ‘special committee’ to review recent conduct
- USA move-in week turns flood of students into trickle
- Survivors of deadly India crash say plane swayed violently
- FHP: Two teens hit by pickup on County Road 95A