HOUSTON (CNN) — A couple walked into a gas station in Houston and it turned into a nightmare situation.
Deputies say around midnight, 21-year-old Kimberly Cook and her boyfriend 29-year-old Anthony Blue left their 16-month-old asleep in a running, unlocked car in the parking lot. When they came back out, the car and the baby inside were gone.
20 miles away, a ranger was closing up a park, when he spotted what he thought was an animal, but it was the infant, shivering in its onesie. The child was taken to the hospital as a precaution.
Not long after, deputies spotted the vehicle. And after a short chase, they arrested two suspects for kidnapping and auto theft.
Cook and Blue have been charged with child endangerment.
- City of Saraland cancels Christmas Parade
- ‘This will be my first Christmas as an official mom:’ Families hope to encourage others across the Gulf Coast to adopt a child
- Border Democrats vow to hold Biden accountable on his pledge to not build ‘another foot of wall’
- It’s not December yet, but Elf on the Shelf 2020 is already very different
- Mobile native, former NFL player Darius Philon holds turkey giveaway