Baby dies after choking on a balloon

National
Baby_dies_after_choking_on_a_balloon_0_47238150_ver1.0_640_360_1530383828238.jpg

9-month-old Justin Chamberlain got a hold of a balloon and within just minutes, it was too late. 

His mother is sharing his story with others so this doesn’t happen to another family.

Katie Chamberlain and her four boys had been playing with water balloons outside on a warm day. 

But somehow, one stray balloon got brought inside. 

She tried giving her son CPR when she saw him choking, but was unable to save him. 

“It was just so fast. I couldn’t even get to him fast enough before the balloon was gone and he couldn’t breathe anymore,” she said. 

Doctors say balloons are the most deadly choking hazards to children. 

Most accidents happen to children under the age of 3, specifically between 1 and 2-years-old. 

So they recommend parents stay vigilant. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Videos

More Video

More Local News

More Mobile County
More Baldwin County
More Northwest Florida

Trending Stories