PHILADELPHIA (AP) – President Donald Trump is using his appearance at the annual Army-Navy game to tout a new policy that allows service academy athletes to defer their military service to pursue careers in professional sports.
Visiting the Army locker room before the game, Trump joked that Coach Jeff Monken now has no reason to lose another game.
Trump shook hands with players on the Army team and then visited the Navy locker room, where he congratulated the Midshipmen on a “hell of a season.” He then walked on to the field for the national anthem.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- They’re back: JibJab releases 2020 year in review video
- Obama, Bush, Clinton volunteer to receive coronavirus vaccine on camera
- San Francisco bans tobacco smoking inside apartments, but pot smoking OK
- NASA: Mystery object is 54-year-old rocket, not asteroid
- 11-year-old dies after apparently shooting himself during online class, sheriff’s office says