FLEMINGSBURG, Ky. (Lexington Herald-Leader) — Police in Kentucky say a couple was killed in a traffic accident after leaving their son’s high school graduation ceremony.
Kentucky State Police say the family’s car collided with a pickup truck Saturday in Flemingsburg. The car’s driver, 53-year-old Nancy Barnett of Ewing, was pronounced dead at the scene. Her husband, 56-year-old Lyndon Barnett, later died at the University of Kentucky Hospital.
The Lexington Herald-Leader reports occurred shortly after 18-year-old Dalton Barnett attended his graduation ceremony at Fleming County High School.
Dalton Barnett and his 26-year-old brother were passengers in the car. They were taken to the University of Kentucky Hospital for treatment of their injuries.
- Dead cat gets voter registration application in mail
- Photo sent just before Naya Rivera’s disappearance at Lake Piru may help find her, official says
- Fire erupts at Lake Tuscaloosa, marine patrol boat sinks while towing ski boat
- Amber Alert issued for 5-year-old girl from Madison County, Florida
- Johnny Depp wraps up testimony in libel case involving ex-wife