BLUE SPRINGS, Mich. (CNN) – Kamryn Henderson is in third grade.
He’s been bullied at school and on social media.
And now — he’s standing up for himself with a song he wrote, called “Look Within Yourself”.
Kamryn said it hasn’t been easy, but putting his feelings into song is helping him heal.
“If I cried, then I get bullied more,” he said. “And, I wrote the song and all of a sudden I felt better about myself.”
He’s also watched his sister being teased, so the song is for her and everyone out there whose faced it.
His mom said the words made her cry, bringing back memories of all the hurtful moments.
But she’s proud he’s rising above it.
“When you listen to the song you can hear that confidence. You can hear that he is happy with who he is,” she said. “And he is kind of saying to the world — this is me.”
“Then I looked at my phone again and I’m like ‘I’m not trash, that’s not true, that’s not true at all.’”
Kamryn says the turning point came after someone called him trash.
And that inspired his message.
- ‘Staggering’ taxpayer fraud sent millions in jobless funds to California inmates
- Warmer days ahead with higher rain chances, Big chill looming
- $100B year propels Elon Musk past Bill Gates to become the world’s second wealthiest person
- Sunbeam recalls 940,000 crock-pots ahead of Thanksgiving due to burn risk
- Waterfront Rescue Mission to feed those in need on Thanksgiving