CHICAGO (WGN) — Chicago police are searching for the parents of two young girls found alone on the street.
The sisters were found in the city’s South Shore neighborhood around 10:30 p.m. Sunday.
The girls have been identified as 5-year-old Kamariya and 1-year-old Chantel. Police describe Kamariya as being 3-feet, 6 inches tall and 48 pounds, and Chantel as 2-feet tall and 22 pounds.
Their last name is unknown.
The girls were taken to Comer Children’s Hospital for observation. They are reported to be in good condition.
Police have contacted the Department of Children and Family Services.
- St. Paul’s beats Pleasant Grove to win 5A State Championship
- U.S. House passes bill that would prohibit public contact with big cats, like tigers
- More than 25 people rescued from human smuggling operation in Texas
- USA Health reports COVID-19 testing up 20 percent since Thanksgiving
- Comedian documenting fight against COVID-19 dies after 2nd Instagram video