LUMBERTON, N.C. (WNCN) — Robeson County deputies need the public’s assistance in locating a 13-year-old facing murder and robbery charges.
Deputies say the juvenile male escaped from the Robeson County Juvenile Court around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday.
The teen was appearing in court for two counts of first-degree murder and robbery with a dangerous weapon charge.
The teen, identified as Jericho W., was last seen wearing a white t-shirt and beige pants, officials said. When last seen at the juvenile courthouse, the juvenile was wearing leg restraints without any shoes.
Deputies say he was last seen in the intersection Hwy 72 and Country Club Road in Lumberton.
He is described as a Native American male with brown eyes and brown hair weighing 110 pounds and standing 5-feet tall.
Anyone with information about the whereabouts the juvenile is asked to call Robeson County Sheriff’s Office at (910) 671-3170 or (910) 671-3100.
- MPD: Drive-by shooting on Carstens Street lands one suspected shooter in hospital
- Demand Justice group buys Amy Coney Barrett’s domain name, site redirects to criticism of her record
- FDLE: Amber Alert issued for abducted Florida child
- A small rain chance Sunday, cool down coming next week
- Hound Dog Music Fest canceled due to COVID-19, Hurricane Sally