A medical emergency resulted in a young girl being declared dead when her flight landed at Los Angeles International Airport Thursday night, authorities said.
Delta Flight #2423 on its way to Seattle returned to LAX due to a passenger medical issue on board, according to FAA spokesman Ian Gregor.
The passenger was a 10-year-old girl suffering a cardiac arrest on the plane, according to CNN affiliate KTLA.
“LAFD paramedics responded to a medical aid for a minor female child and furiously worked to save her life. Sadly, all efforts were futile and the child was beyond medical help,” the Los Angeles Fire Department said in a statement.
The Los Angeles County Coroner’s office is investigating the passenger’s death.
LAPD officers also responded and determined there was no foul play involved. They are not investigating the incident further, officer Mike Lopez said.
Delta airlines confirmed the incident and said the company is working to re-accommodate customers that were on the flight.
- Searches for ‘When does the debate end’ spike 3,000 percent as candidates wrap up final confrontation
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Week 7 best bets: Ride with Saints, Bucs to win
- Caught on camera: Arizona border agents expel 14 migrants into desolate desert town in Mexico
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown