UPDATE (5:47 p.m.) — Sheriff Eric J. Levett of Rockdale County in Georgia comments on plant shooting incident.
GEORGIA (AP) – A man has been arrested in Alabama on murder charges in a fatal Georgia workplace shooting.
Georgia officials say Cameron Golden shot and killed Taurus Andrews during a shift change Friday morning at a container factory in the Atlanta suburb of Conyers.
They say Golden then fled to Birmingham, Alabama, where he was arrested at a bus station. Officials say they’re not sure if Golden, who was a contract employee, was specifically targeting the other worker at Dart Container Corp.
The shooting sparked alarm in the suburb, where schools were locked down and residents were advised to stay inside.
(Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rocket engine test set for Saturday at Stennis Space Center
- Mass vaccination at Mobile Cruise Terminal still open for 75+ and first responders
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander
- Brewton PD looking for suspect in theft from a vehicle
- Mobile County Health Department hosting vaccine event at historic church on MLK Day