PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — The Pensacola Blue Wahoos will honor the victims of the Dec. 6 Naval Air Station Pensacola shooting this season by wearing a memorial patch on their uniforms.
The team will wear patches that say, “We Have The Watch — NAS Pensacola,” with the naval base’s name inside a heart.
The patches were designed by Marcus Pointe Baptist Church Media Director Robbie Harvey and pressed and embroidered by Wings & Things Monogramming.
The patches will be worn over the heart.
These patches are also worn on the uniforms of military members and first responders around a Pensacola.
The Wahoos will start their season April 9, as they take on the Tennessee Smokies.
- Coupons ‘in every crevice’: FBI shares more about Virginia Beach woman’s $31 million-plus coupon scheme
- Video shows Tom Hanks ‘crashing’ couple’s wedding in Santa Monica
- Red tide present at beaches in Destin, Fort Walton Beach
- Police remind residents to lock doors after bizarre incident at Summerdale home
- Deputies find live grenade in man’s pickup truck during Florida traffic stop