PENSACOLA, Fla. (WKRG) — The Pensacola Blue Wahoos will honor the victims of the Dec. 6 Naval Air Station Pensacola shooting this season by wearing a memorial patch on their uniforms.
The team will wear patches that say, “We Have The Watch — NAS Pensacola,” with the naval base’s name inside a heart.
The patches were designed by Marcus Pointe Baptist Church Media Director Robbie Harvey and pressed and embroidered by Wings & Things Monogramming.
The patches will be worn over the heart.
These patches are also worn on the uniforms of military members and first responders around a Pensacola.
The Wahoos will start their season April 9, as they take on the Tennessee Smokies.
- Home destroyed in Wednesday morning house fire near Mount Vernon
- Body found in Plateau Community in Mobile
- Dr. Anthony Fauci, essential workers among list of Time Person of the Year reader poll nominees
- 18-wheeler crash on I-65 in Saraland diverts traffic
- Record number of foster care adoptions in Alabama for 2020