MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Income Eligibility Guidelines for the Women, Infant, and Children (WIC) program special supplement nutrition program will see changes on Monday, June 15, 2020. The Alabama Department of Public Health uses income eligibility guidelines to determine a person applying participation in the WIC program.
Mobile County Health Department said those participating in WIC program receive free nutrition education and breastfeeding peer counseling support. Optionally included in the WIC program is three months of nutritious food benefits for each qualified family member.
Requirements to qualify for WIC must be a pregnant woman, a woman who is breastfeeding, a woman who just had a baby, or the parent or guardian of a child less than five years of age. Families already receiving Medicaid, SNAP (previously known as Food Stamps), or Family Assistance (previously known as TANF or Temporary Assistance to Needy Families) already meet the requirements for WIC.
See the list below to see whether your family qualifies (note: for pregnant women, count each unborn baby in the family size):
- Family Size: 1, Annual: $23,606, Monthly: $1,968, Weekly: $454
- Family Size: 2, Annual: $31,894, Monthly: $2,658, Weekly: $614
- Family Size: 3, Annual: $40,182, Monthly: $3,349, Weekly: $773
- Family Size: 4, Annual: $48,470, Monthly: $4,040, Weekly: $933
- Family Size: 5, Annual: $56,758, Monthly: $4,730, Weekly: $1,092
- Family Size: 6, Annual: $65,046, Monthly: $5,421, Weekly: $1,251
- Family Size: 7, Annual: $73,334, Monthly: $6,112, Weekly: $1,411
- Family Size: 8, Annual: $81,622, Monthly: $6,802, Weekly: $1,570
For more information call MCHD at 251-690-8829 or visit www.mchd.org and look for WIC under the “service” tab.
- Why is Twitter allowed to restrict what politicians and other users say online?
- When can grandparents safely visit their grandkids after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine?
- 2021 Inauguration Day schedule: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris take office Wednesday
- Mississippi governor announces 20,000 COVID-19 vaccine appointments for patients
- Coronasomnia: What is it and how to combat it