MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — The woman who lost her life in a traffic accident on I-65 this weekend was a 19-year veteran of the Saraland Police Department.
Amberley Payton worked as a jail/dispatcher from 2001-2020. A Facebook post from the Saraland Police Department says, “This is such a huge loss for our department. Amberley was very dedicated to her job and meant so much to everyone she worked with. Please continue to keep the Payton family and our department in your prayers!”
Payton was driving a Nissan Altima on Northbound I-65 between Moffett Road and Hwy. 45 near Butler Ave. when she lost control. Police say she struck the center wall and rolled over, succumbing to her injuries.
Funeral arrangements are as follows:
Visitation will be Wednesday, July 22, 2020, from 10 a.m. to noon at Woodridge Baptist Church, 2700 Schillinger Rd S., Mobile, AL 36695.
Funeral immediately following. Graveside service at Forest Lawn Memorial Gardens, 10000 Celeste Rd, Saraland, AL 3657.
- Lovely Today; Tropical Storm Zeta Impacts Mid-Week
- BREAKING: Early morning shooting reported in Prichard
- Expert: France has “lost control” of the virus
- Baldwin County Landmark District supporters hold meeting Monday
- 2 juvenile girls in stolen truck lead troopers on chase ending near Argo