PRICHARD, Ala. (WKRG) — Police have arrested a woman in connection with a homicide case that initially was investigated as a possible suicide.
Tahj Austin is accused of shooting and killing her boyfriend Lethonia Phillips on Oct. 11 at a home on Pine Street. Austin told officers that Phillips shot himself while playing with a gun. Police say she later confessed to intentionally shooting Phillips because he was threatening her.
“It was an accident. That’s all I can say,” Austin said Friday as she was escorted in handcuffs to a waiting police vehicle. “I’m sorry to his family.”
Austin was booked into Metro Jail shortly after 1 p.m. on a murder charge.
- Searches for ‘When does the debate end’ spike 3,000 percent as candidates wrap up final confrontation
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Week 7 best bets: Ride with Saints, Bucs to win
- Caught on camera: Arizona border agents expel 14 migrants into desolate desert town in Mexico
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown