PRICHARD, Ala. (WKRG) — UPDATE (4:18 a.m. 8/18/2020): The woman allegedly seen in a viral video of a child left alone outside of Lotus strip club has turned herself in.
Prichard police say Eva Rudolph turned herself in around 1 a.m. on Tuesday. She’s charged with endangering the welfare of a child. According to jail records, she was released an hour after she was booked into Mobile Metro Jail.
UPDATE (10:22 p.m. 8/17/20): Prichard police are charging the woman with endangering the welfare of a child.
Prichard Police told News 5 they had been in contact with the woman allegedly seen in a viral video of a child left alone outside of Lotus Gentlemen’s club. Investigators told us she had indicated she would turn herself in Monday.
News 5 waited outside of the Prichard Police Department for hours Monday evening, as did multiple officers, but the woman never showed up.
In a previous news release, police said they were investigating the situation, but had not indicated a specific crime or charge.
- COVID-19, One Year Later: an Alabama timeline
- Thieves swipe woman’s 500-pound safe filled with treasures, including lock of Alexander Hamilton’s hair
- ‘We had a guardian angel’: Woman impaled by tree limb has 7 broken ribs, husband says
- ‘You don’t look that sick to me’: Vaccine rollout breeds mixed emotions
- ‘I was shocked’: New Walmart checkout policy called racially biased