IRVINGTON, Ala. (WKRG) — Neighbors claim their surveillance video shows a murder suspect walking out of his home with the murder weapon: a baseball bat.
A viewer sent this video to News 5.
Investigators say a woman was beaten to death in her bed Thursday morning.
The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office says the suspect, Christopher Kern, was still at the home when deputies arrived.
Deputies found Latasha Johnson laying in her bed, beaten to death by a baseball bat. Neighbors say Kern is the father of one of Johnson’s children. They also tell us the two argued in the weeks leading up to the murder.
- Kansas recalls hundreds of license plates over concern of racial slur
- New Orleans Police: 2 officers ‘ambushed’ in French Quarter
- Birmingham bar owner to close business on election day, staff to serve as poll workers
- ‘Reject hate and division,’ Democratic VP nominee tells South Texas border rally
- Judge orders 11-year-old boy behind bars to await trial for allegedly killing 6-year-old neighbor