MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — While protests ramped up near I-10 in Downtown Mobile, blocks away at Cathedral Square, Kim and Jordan Pettway organized a vigil to honor George Floyd, Ahmauh Arbery and Breonna Taylor.
The crowd counted, out loud, to 526. The number of seconds Floyd was reportedly pinned under Officer Derek Chauvin’s knee. A longer clip from that vigil is in the video below.
- Hawaii to allow some registered nurses to perform abortions
- White Claw launching high-alcohol hard seltzer for summer
- NFL to restrict employees who refuse COVID-19 vaccine without ‘bona fide’ grounds
- ‘Prime suspect’ arrested in 1996 disappearance of Kristin Smart
- Antonio Lang pleads guilty to murder, sentenced to life for the death of DeLauna Anderson