MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — While protests ramped up near I-10 in Downtown Mobile, blocks away at Cathedral Square, Kim and Jordan Pettway organized a vigil to honor George Floyd, Ahmauh Arbery and Breonna Taylor.
The crowd counted, out loud, to 526. The number of seconds Floyd was reportedly pinned under Officer Derek Chauvin’s knee. A longer clip from that vigil is in the video below.
- FHP: Wrong-way DUI jeep collides with truck hauling flammable gas
- Orange Beach Church battered by Sally also lost steeple to Gordon in 2018
- Alabama Power makes progress with only 3,400 customers without power in Mobile
- Foley Pedestrian Bridge blue to honor first responders
- Baldwin EMC reports 46,470 members experiencing power outages due to Hurricane Sally